certmgr.msc - Import Personal Certificate
How to import personal certificate into certificate stores using "certmgr.msc"? My personal certificate also contains my private key and is stored in a PKCS#12 (Public-Key Cryptography Standards #12) file.
You can import a private key with a self-signed certificate stored in a PKCS#12 file into certificate stores using the "certmgr.msc" tool as shown in this tutorial.
1. Start "certmgr.msc" Management Console on your Windows system. And click "Personal".
2. Click "Action > All Tasks > Import..." menu You see "Certificate Import Wizard" showing up.
3. Click "Next" button. You see "File to Import" screen showing up.
4. Use "Browse..." button to find the CA certificate file like "C:\fyicenter\linda.p12" and click "Next" button. You see Password screen showing up. PKCS#12 files contain private keys and are password protected.
5. Enter "FYIcenter" as the password and click "Next" button. You see "Certificate Store" screen showing up.
6. Keep the suggested Personal certificate store and click "Next" button. You see confirmation screen showing up.
7. Click "Finish" button to finish importing the private key and its self-signed certificate.
2012-08-03, 14083👍, 0💬
Can I sign my own CSR with a given serial number using the OpenSSL "req -x509" command? Yes, you can...
What is the default password for the Java user-level trusted certificate keystore: "trusted.certs"? ...
Where to find tutorials on managing certificate in Firefox? I want to learn how Firefox stores and m...
How to get a list of certificate in a certificate store in Windows PowerShell? The easiest way to ge...
How to create a test certificate for myself and put it into "My - Personal" system certificate store...