certmgr.msc - Import Personal Certificate
How to import personal certificate into certificate stores using "certmgr.msc"? My personal certificate also contains my private key and is stored in a PKCS#12 (Public-Key Cryptography Standards #12) file.
You can import a private key with a self-signed certificate stored in a PKCS#12 file into certificate stores using the "certmgr.msc" tool as shown in this tutorial.
1. Start "certmgr.msc" Management Console on your Windows system. And click "Personal".
2. Click "Action > All Tasks > Import..." menu You see "Certificate Import Wizard" showing up.
3. Click "Next" button. You see "File to Import" screen showing up.
4. Use "Browse..." button to find the CA certificate file like "C:\fyicenter\linda.p12" and click "Next" button. You see Password screen showing up. PKCS#12 files contain private keys and are password protected.
5. Enter "FYIcenter" as the password and click "Next" button. You see "Certificate Store" screen showing up.
6. Keep the suggested Personal certificate store and click "Next" button. You see confirmation screen showing up.
7. Click "Finish" button to finish importing the private key and its self-signed certificate.
2012-08-03, 10270👍, 0💬
How to generate a pair of RSA Private Key and Public Key? To help you to generate a pair of RSA Priv...
How to delete a root CA certificate from Google Chrome? I don't know this CA (Certificate Authority)...
How to view Java system-level signer CA certificates using Java Control Panel? To view Java system-l...
How to create my private key and store it in a file using "makecert.exe"? If you want to create a pr...
Why am I getting the "MSVCR71.dll is missing" error when running the "certutil" command on my Window...