certmgr.msc - Import Personal Certificate
How to import personal certificate into certificate stores using "certmgr.msc"? My personal certificate also contains my private key and is stored in a PKCS#12 (Public-Key Cryptography Standards #12) file.
You can import a private key with a self-signed certificate stored in a PKCS#12 file into certificate stores using the "certmgr.msc" tool as shown in this tutorial.
1. Start "certmgr.msc" Management Console on your Windows system. And click "Personal".
2. Click "Action > All Tasks > Import..." menu You see "Certificate Import Wizard" showing up.
3. Click "Next" button. You see "File to Import" screen showing up.
4. Use "Browse..." button to find the CA certificate file like "C:\fyicenter\linda.p12" and click "Next" button. You see Password screen showing up. PKCS#12 files contain private keys and are password protected.
5. Enter "FYIcenter" as the password and click "Next" button. You see "Certificate Store" screen showing up.
6. Keep the suggested Personal certificate store and click "Next" button. You see confirmation screen showing up.
7. Click "Finish" button to finish importing the private key and its self-signed certificate.
2012-08-03, 11308👍, 0💬
Certificate Summary: Subject: COMODO RSA Organization Validation Secure Server CA Issuer: COMODO RSA...
Certificate summary - Owner: YandexExternalCA, Dld, Dyandex, Dru Issuer: GTE CyberTrust Global Root,...
Are you having Internet security certificate problems with a Web browser or an application? Welcome ...
How to get a list of basic options supported by the "makecert.exe" command? You can see a list of ba...
How to generate a DER file with a single data field using the OpenSSL "ans1parse" command? You can u...