certmgr.msc - Import Personal Certificate
How to import personal certificate into certificate stores using "certmgr.msc"? My personal certificate also contains my private key and is stored in a PKCS#12 (Public-Key Cryptography Standards #12) file.
You can import a private key with a self-signed certificate stored in a PKCS#12 file into certificate stores using the "certmgr.msc" tool as shown in this tutorial.
1. Start "certmgr.msc" Management Console on your Windows 7 system.
2. Click "Action > All Tasks > Import..." menu You see "Certificate Import Wizard" showing up.
3. Click "Next" button. You see "File to Import" screen showing up.
4. Use "Browse..." button to find the CA certificate file like "C:\fyicenter\linda.p12" and click "Next" button. You see Password screen showing up. PKCS#12 files contain private keys and are password protected.
5. Enter "FYIcenter" as the password and click "Next" button. You see "Certificate Store" screen showing up.
6. Keep the suggested Personal certificate store and click "Next" button. You see confirmation screen showing up.
7. Click "Finish" button to finish importing the private key and its self-signed certificate.
2012-08-03, 8630👍, 0💬
How to save the output of an OpenSSL command into a file? I want to make a copy of the server certif...
How to export a certificate from a certificate store into a certificate file with Microsoft "certuti...
How to delete a certificate from a certificate store using "certmgr.msc"? The certificate has been e...
Certificate Summary: Subject: http://www.valicert.com/ Issuer: http://www.valicert.com/ Expiration: ...
How to how extra an ASN.1 child structure using the OpenSSL "ans1parse" command? ASN.1 INTEGER field...