certmgr.msc - Import Personal Certificate
How to import personal certificate into certificate stores using "certmgr.msc"? My personal certificate also contains my private key and is stored in a PKCS#12 (Public-Key Cryptography Standards #12) file.
You can import a private key with a self-signed certificate stored in a PKCS#12 file into certificate stores using the "certmgr.msc" tool as shown in this tutorial.
1. Start "certmgr.msc" Management Console on your Windows 7 system.
2. Click "Action > All Tasks > Import..." menu You see "Certificate Import Wizard" showing up.
3. Click "Next" button. You see "File to Import" screen showing up.
4. Use "Browse..." button to find the CA certificate file like "C:\fyicenter\linda.p12" and click "Next" button. You see Password screen showing up. PKCS#12 files contain private keys and are password protected.
5. Enter "FYIcenter" as the password and click "Next" button. You see "Certificate Store" screen showing up.
6. Keep the suggested Personal certificate store and click "Next" button. You see confirmation screen showing up.
7. Click "Finish" button to finish importing the private key and its self-signed certificate.
2012-08-03, 9102👍, 0💬
How to add a root CA certificate into "cert8.db" file using Mozilla "certutil" tool? I have exported...
What should I do, I deleted cert8.db for Firefox by a mistake on my computer? You don't need to do a...
What is the default password for the Java user-level trusted certificate keystore: "trusted.certs"? ...
How to install OpenSSL on Windows? I have downloaded the "openssl-0.9.8h-1-setup. exe"on the desktop...
Certificate Summary: Subject: America Online Root Certification Authority 1 Issuer: America Online R...