certmgr.msc - Import Root CA Certificate
How to import a root CA certificate into certificate stores using "certmgr.msc"? I have the certificate in a PEM certificate file.
You can import a root CA certificate into certificate stores using the "certmgr.msc" tool as shown in this tutorial.
1. Start "certmgr.msc" Management Console on your Windows system.
2. Locate and right-mouse click "Third-Party Root Certification Authorities" certificate store. You see context menu showing up.
3. Click "All Tasks > Import..." button. You see "Certificate Import Wizard" showing up.
4. Click "Next" button. You see "File to Import" screen showing up.
5. Use "Browse..." button to find the CA certificate file like "C:\fyicenter\SwissSign.cer", and click "Next" button. You see "Certificate Store" screen showing up.
6. Make sure "Third-Party Root Certification Authorities" is selected as the certificate store and click "Next" button. You see confirmation screen showing up.
7. Click "Finish" button to finish importing the certificate.
2012-08-03, 14737👍, 0💬
How can I use Microsoft "certutil -viewstore" command? What are command options supported by "certut...
How to start OpenSSL from my working directory where I have certificates stored. You can start OpenS...
How to create a new certificate to be used by some Web site for server authentication to support HTT...
Where to find tutorials on using Certificate Generation Tool "makecert.exe" on Windows? Here is a co...
What should I do, I deleted cert8.db for Firefox by a mistake on my computer? You don't need to do a...