Import CA Reply into Key Pair Entry with Portecle
How to import a CA (Certificate Authority) reply into a keystore key pair entry with Portecle?
To import a CA reply into a keystore key pair entry:
- Right-click on the key pair keystore entry in the keystore Entries
table. Select the Import CA Reply item from the
resultant pop-up menu.
- The Import CA Reply dialog will appear.
- Select the folder where the CA reply certificate file is stored.
- Click on the required CA reply certificate file or type the filename
into the File Name text box.
- Click on the Import button.
- What happens next depends on whether the CA reply certificate file
contains a single certificate or a chain or certificates:
- If the CA reply file contains a single certificate:
- If Portecle can establish a trust path between
the certificate and an existing self-signed Trusted
Certificate in your keystore (or the CA certs keystore
if it is enabled) then the import will continue.
Otherwise it will fail at this point.
- Alternatively the CA reply file may contain a chain of
- Portecle will attempt to match the reply's root CA
to an existing trusted certificate in your keystore (or the
CA certs keystore if it is enabled).
- If it cannot then the Certificate Details dialog
will appear displaying the details of the reply's root CA
certificate for you to verify.
- After viewing the details acknowledge the dialog by
pressing the OK button.
- A further dialog will appear asking if you wish accept the
- Press the Yes button if you wish to trust the
certificate and import the CA reply and No if you do
not. If you reply No the import will fail at this
- If the current keystore type is not PKCS #12:
- The Key Pair Entry Password dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the key entry's password into the dialog and
- The keystore key pair entry will be updated to reflect the
content of the CA reply.
⇒CSR (Certificate Signing Request) with Portecle
⇒⇒Portecle Certificate Tool - Frequently Asked Questions
2015-10-12, 3282👍, 0💬