OpenSSL CSR File Structure and Components
What is the OpenSSL CSR file structure and components?
By default, CSR (Certificate Signing Request) files generated by the OpenSSL "req" command follow these rules:
1. CSR files are stored in PEM (Privacy-enhanced mail) format, which uses DER (Distinguished Encoding Rules) standard to serialize data elements into a binary string, then uses Base64 to encode the binary string into a printable character string.
2. CSR data elements follow the "RFC5967 - PKCS #10: Certification Request Syntax Specification, Version 1.7" specification.
The RFC5867, or PKCS#10, specifies that a CSR should have 3 parts:
1. "certificationRequestInfo" - Provides information of the certification request, which contains:
2. "signatureAlgorithm" - Provides what algorithm was used to generate the digital signature of the "certificationRequestInfo".
3. "signature" - Provides the digital signature of the "certificationRequestInfo", signed by the private key of the subject. The signature can be verified by the public key included in the "certificationRequestInfo".
2018-01-19, 1053👍, 1💬
How to import a certificate from a certificate file into a new certificate store with Microsoft "cer...
Certificate Summary: Subject: Class 2 Primary CA Issuer: Class 2 Primary CA Expiration: 2019-07-06 2...
Certificate Summary: Subject: Entrust.net Certification Authority (2048) Issuer: Entrust.net Certifi...
I need a certificate to connect my facebook-profile and my hotmail. I have not been able to find the...
What Is Microsoft CertUtil? Microsoft CertUtil is a command-line program that is installed as part o...