Export Root CA Certificate from IE to File
How to export a Root CA certificate from IE? I want to save a copy before removing the certificate.
If you want export a copy of a CA certificate from IE, you can follow this tutorial:
1. Start "Certificate Manager" in IE.
2. Click "Trusted Root Certificate Authorities" tab. You see the list of trusted CA certificates showing up.
3. Scroll down in the list and double-click on "GeoTrust Global CA". You see the Certificate viewer showing up.
4. Click "Details" tab. You see details of the certificate showing up.
5. Click "Copy to File..." button. You see "Certificate Export Wizard" showing up.
6. Click "Next" button. You see "Export File Format" screen showing up.
7. Keep the default format "DER encoded X.509 (.CER)" and click "Next" button. You see "File to Export" screen showing up.
8. Find the folder where you want to save the file like C:\fyicenter, enter a file name like GeoTrust.cer. Then click "Next" button. You see confirmation screen showing up.
9. Click "Finish" button to save the CA certificate to specified file:
2012-07-25, 4846👍, 0💬
How can I get a X.509 certificate file to play with OpenSSL commands "x509" command? If you have no ...
Why I am getting an error: "CryptoException: Could not save keystore"? when exporting my 4096-bit ke...
How to save the output of an OpenSSL command into a file? I want to make a copy of the server certif...
How to get a list of extended options supported by the "makecert.exe" command? I want to know more o...
How to connect to a HTTPS Web site using OpenSSL? I see the Web sites using the "https:\" format. If...