What is Java Control Panel on Windows
What is "Java Control Panel" on Windows computers? I heard that it's a nice tool.
The Java Control Panel is a multipurpose control panel. It allows you to view and set a wide range of parameters controlling how Java runs on your computer. It lets you view and delete temporary files used for Java Plug-in, which allows Sun Java to be used by your web browser to run applets, and Java Web Start, which allows you to run Java applications over the network. It allows you to control certificates, making it safe to run applets and applications over the network. It allows you to set runtime parameters for applets run with Java Plug-in and applications run with Java Web Start. It provides a mechanism for updating your version of Java so that you always have the latest. And it allows you to set options for debugging, desktop integration, applet handling, etc. The Java Control Panel includes the following separately viewable panels:
The Java Control Panel offers many functions in 5 tabs:
1. General - The General tab allows you to change settings for network connections and temporary Internet files.
2. Security - The Security tab allows you to manage security certificates at both system level and user level.
3. Java - The Java tab allows you to change settings for both Java applet runtime and Java application runtime.
4. Update - The Update tab, in conjunction with the Java Update Scheduler (jusched.exe), is used to provide the latest Java updates to the end user.
5. Advanced - The Advanced tab includes options for Debugging, Java console, Default Java for Browsers, Desktop integration, JNLP File/MIME Association, and Security.
2012-07-21, 5487👍, 0💬
How does the OpenSSL verify operation work? What are the steps used by OpenSSL to verify a certifica...
Certificate summary - Owner: DigiCert SHA2 High Assurance Server CA, www.digicert.com, DigiCert Inc,...
Can I continue to use the Web site, even if it has the "Your connection is not secure" error? Normal...
How to see more security related information on View Page Info in Firefox? To see more security rela...
How to export a Root CA certificate from IE? I want to save a copy before removing the certificate. ...