Generate Key Pair with Portecle
How to generate a key pair, a private key and a public key, with Portecle?
To generate a key pair entry in a keystore:
- From the Tools menu, choose Generate Key Pair.
Alternatively click on the Generate Key Pair toolbar
- The Generate Key Pair dialog will be displayed. Select a
Key Algorithm and Key Size and press the OK
button. Key pair generation will start in the background.
- The Generate Certificate dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the certificate details and press the OK button.
- If key pair generation is still in progress, the
Generating Key Pair dialog will be displayed and will
remain visible until key pair generation has completed.
Depending on the key size chosen and the speed of your
computer it may take some time for this step to complete.
You therefore have the option to abort the key pair generation
by pressing the cancel button on this dialog. Note however that
at this time, aborting the key pair generation will only cancel the
generation window and will let you continue using the user interface;
the actual key pair generation will continue to run to completion in
- The Key Pair Entry Alias dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the alias for the new key pair entry and press the
- If the current keystore type is not PKCS #12:
- The Key Pair Entry Password dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the password to protect the new key pair entry with,
confirm it and press the OK button.
- The new key pair entry will appear in the keystore entries
⇒Managing Key Pair with Portecle
⇒⇒Portecle Certificate Tool - Frequently Asked Questions
2015-10-12, 1933👍, 0💬