OpenSSL Signing Documents with RSA Keys
What is the process of signing a document with RSA keys using OpenSSL commands? I was told to deliver a document with digital signature.
Here are steps your need to follow to sign a document with your RSA private key using OpenSSL commands:
1. Get the document to be signed ready.
2. Generate a digest string from the document using "md5", "sha1", or "dgst" OpenSSL commands.
3. Select an RSA private key to be used to sign the document.
4. Sign (encrypt) the digest with the RSA private key using the "rsautl sign" command.
5. Extract the RSA public key from the RSA private key with "pkey -pubout" command
6. Send the document, the signed digest, and the RSA public key together as the "signed document".
The diagram below shows you the document signing process:
2017-04-04, 505👍, 0💬
How to delete a root CA (Certificate Authority) certificate from IE? I don't know this CA and don't ...
How to start "certmgr.msc" on Windows 7? I want to use it manage certificates on my system. If you w...
How to export the server certificate to a file in IE? I can view the server certificate used by the ...
Certificate Summary: Subject: DigiCert High Assurance CA-3 Issuer: DigiCert High Assurance EV Root C...
FYIcenter RSA Private Key Generator is an online tool that generates a new pair of RSA private key a...