"Your connection is not secure" Error in Firefox
Why I am getting the "Your connection is not secure" error screen in Firefox?
You will see the "Your connection is not secure" error screen in Firefox, if Firefox failed to validate the server certificate provided by the Web site you are visiting. One of the reason for the validation failure is missing the root CA certificate in Firefox as shown in this tutorial:
1. Run Firefox and go to "Tools > Options" menu.
2. Click "Advanced > Certificates" tab and "View Certificates" button.
3. Click "Authorities" tab and select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5".
4. Click "Export..." button to save a copy of this CA certificate to a file called "VeriSignCA.crt".
5. Click "Delete or Distrust..." button to delete it from Firefox.
6. Close Firefox and start it again.
6. Visit Web site "https://www.paypal.com". You see the "Your connection is not secure" error screen showing up. It says:
The owner of www.paypal.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website. This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.
The picture below shows you the "Your connection is not secure" error page:
You know why. Because you deleted the root CA certificate from Firefox. Don't worry, you can import it back to Firefox by following the other tutorial.
2012-07-26, 14487👍, 0💬
What commands are supported in OpenSSL? Here is a complete list of commands supported in OpenSSL: ST...
Certificate Summary: Subject: Security Communication EV RootCA1 Issuer: Security Communication EV Ro...
Why I am getting the "variable lookup failed for ca::database" error when running OpenSSL "ca" comma...
Certificate Summary: Subject: AddTrust External CA Root Issuer: AddTrust External CA Root Expiration...
Certificate Summary: Subject: VeriSign Class 3 Extended Validation SSL CA Issuer: VeriSign Class 3 P...