"This Connection is Untrusted" Error in Firefox 9
Why I am getting the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9?
You will see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9, if Firefox failed to validate the server certificate provided by the Web site you are visiting. One of the reason for the validation failure is missing the root CA certificate in Firefox as shown in this tutorial:
1. Run Firefox 9 and go to "Tools > Options" menu.
2. Click "Advanced > Encryption" tab and "View Certificates" button.
3. Click "Authorities" tab and select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5".
4. Click "Export..." button to save a copy of this CA certificate to a file called "VeriSignCA.crt".
5. Click "Delete or Distrust..." button to delete it from Firefox.
6. Visit Web site "https://www.paypal.com". You see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen showing up.
We know why. We deleted the root CA certificate from Firefox.
2016-08-30, 1351👍, 0💬
How to convert a certificate file in PEM (Privacy Enhanced Mail) format to DER (Distinguished Encodi...
What should I do, I deleted cert8.db for Firefox by a mistake on my computer? You don't need to do a...
Certificate Summary: Subject: AlphaSSL CA - SHA256 - G2 Issuer: GlobalSign Root CA Expiration: 2024-...
Where is the default trusted certificate keystore file located on my Windows system? I think I have ...
Certificate Summary: Subject: GlobalSign Issuer: GlobalSign Expiration: 2021-12-15 08:00:00 UTC Key ...