"This Connection is Untrusted" Error in Firefox 9
Why I am getting the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9?
You will see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9, if Firefox failed to validate the server certificate provided by the Web site you are visiting. One of the reason for the validation failure is missing the root CA certificate in Firefox as shown in this tutorial:
1. Run Firefox 9 and go to "Tools > Options" menu.
2. Click "Advanced > Encryption" tab and "View Certificates" button.
3. Click "Authorities" tab and select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5".
4. Click "Export..." button to save a copy of this CA certificate to a file called "VeriSignCA.crt".
5. Click "Delete or Distrust..." button to delete it from Firefox.
6. Visit Web site "https://www.paypal.com". You see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen showing up.
We know why. We deleted the root CA certificate from Firefox.
2016-08-30, 823👍, 0💬
How to start "certmgr.exe" on Windows 7? I know it is installed on my system as part of Visual Studi...
Do you want to learn how to manage certificates for Mozilla Firefox on Windows? Here is a collection...
How to install Mozilla "certutil" tool for Windows 7? I have nss-3.10.zip and nspr-4.6.zip download ...
How can I use Microsoft "certutil -addstore" command? What are command options supported by "certuti...
Certificate Summary: Subject: COMODO High-Assurance Secure Server CA Issuer: AddTrust External CA Ro...