"This Connection is Untrusted" Error in Firefox 9
Why I am getting the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9?
You will see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9, if Firefox failed to validate the server certificate provided by the Web site you are visiting. One of the reason for the validation failure is missing the root CA certificate in Firefox as shown in this tutorial:
1. Run Firefox 9 and go to "Tools > Options" menu.
2. Click "Advanced > Encryption" tab and "View Certificates" button.
3. Click "Authorities" tab and select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5".
4. Click "Export..." button to save a copy of this CA certificate to a file called "VeriSignCA.crt".
5. Click "Delete or Distrust..." button to delete it from Firefox.
6. Visit Web site "https://www.paypal.com". You see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen showing up.
We know why. We deleted the root CA certificate from Firefox.
2016-08-30, 543👍, 0💬
How to install "JCE (Java Cryptography Extension) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files"? I w...
Certificate Summary: Subject: Certum Trusted Network CA Issuer: Certum Trusted Network CA Expiration...
How to delete a root CA (Certificate Authority) certificate from IE? I don't know this CA and don't ...
How to use the "keytool -printcert" command? I want to see what to see more information about a cert...
Certificate Summary: Subject: VeriSign Class 3 Extended Validation SSL CA Issuer: VeriSign Class 3 P...