"This Connection is Untrusted" Error in Firefox 9
Why I am getting the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9?
You will see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9, if Firefox failed to validate the server certificate provided by the Web site you are visiting. One of the reason for the validation failure is missing the root CA certificate in Firefox as shown in this tutorial:
1. Run Firefox 9 and go to "Tools > Options" menu.
2. Click "Advanced > Encryption" tab and "View Certificates" button.
3. Click "Authorities" tab and select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5".
4. Click "Export..." button to save a copy of this CA certificate to a file called "VeriSignCA.crt".
5. Click "Delete or Distrust..." button to delete it from Firefox.
6. Visit Web site "https://www.paypal.com". You see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen showing up.
We know why. We deleted the root CA certificate from Firefox.
2016-08-30, 1076👍, 0💬
I need a certificate to connect my facebook-profile and my hotmail. I have not been able to find the...
What options are supported by the "keytool -genkeypair" command? Java Keytool can be used to generat...
How to import a my certificate signed by a CA back to my private key and public key entry in my keys...
How to print out MD5 and SHA-1 fingerprints of a certificate using OpenSSL "x509" command? I need to...
Why I am getting the "unable to open './demoCA/index.txt'" error when running OpenSSL "ca" command? ...