"This Connection is Untrusted" Error in Firefox 9
Why I am getting the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9?
You will see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9, if Firefox failed to validate the server certificate provided by the Web site you are visiting. One of the reason for the validation failure is missing the root CA certificate in Firefox as shown in this tutorial:
1. Run Firefox 9 and go to "Tools > Options" menu.
2. Click "Advanced > Encryption" tab and "View Certificates" button.
3. Click "Authorities" tab and select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5".
4. Click "Export..." button to save a copy of this CA certificate to a file called "VeriSignCA.crt".
5. Click "Delete or Distrust..." button to delete it from Firefox.
6. Visit Web site "https://www.paypal.com". You see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen showing up.
We know why. We deleted the root CA certificate from Firefox.
2016-08-30, 1625👍, 0💬
What is ASN.1 BIT STRING field type? How to specify BIT STRING field type in OpenSSL "asn1parse" com...
How to read information on the General tab of View Page Info in Firefox? What is the meaning of "Hig...
Certificate Summary: Subject: thawte Primary Root CA - G2 Issuer: thawte Primary Root CA - G2 Expira...
Certificate Summary: Subject: Trusted Secure Certificate Authority Issuer: AddTrust External CA Root...
How to delete a root CA (Certificate Authority) certificate from IE? I don't know this CA and don't ...