"This Connection is Untrusted" Error in Firefox 9
Why I am getting the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9?
You will see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9, if Firefox failed to validate the server certificate provided by the Web site you are visiting. One of the reason for the validation failure is missing the root CA certificate in Firefox as shown in this tutorial:
1. Run Firefox 9 and go to "Tools > Options" menu.
2. Click "Advanced > Encryption" tab and "View Certificates" button.
3. Click "Authorities" tab and select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5".
4. Click "Export..." button to save a copy of this CA certificate to a file called "VeriSignCA.crt".
5. Click "Delete or Distrust..." button to delete it from Firefox.
6. Visit Web site "https://www.paypal.com". You see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen showing up.
We know why. We deleted the root CA certificate from Firefox.
2016-08-30, 2045👍, 0💬
Certificate summary - Owner: USERTrust Legacy Secure Server CA, The USERTRUST Network, L=Salt Lake C...
Where to find certificate tutorials related to Internet Explorer (IE)? Here is a collection of certi...
Certificate Summary: Subject: Amazon Root CA 1 Issuer: Starfield Services Root Certificate Authority...
Certificate summary - Owner: s.tbcdn.cn, Organization and domain(s) authenticated by iTrus China, RD...
What are distinguished names on certificates? I see "CN=..." on in many certificates. Distinguished ...