"This Connection is Untrusted" Error in Firefox 9
Why I am getting the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9?
You will see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen in Firefox 9, if Firefox failed to validate the server certificate provided by the Web site you are visiting. One of the reason for the validation failure is missing the root CA certificate in Firefox as shown in this tutorial:
1. Run Firefox 9 and go to "Tools > Options" menu.
2. Click "Advanced > Encryption" tab and "View Certificates" button.
3. Click "Authorities" tab and select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5".
4. Click "Export..." button to save a copy of this CA certificate to a file called "VeriSignCA.crt".
5. Click "Delete or Distrust..." button to delete it from Firefox.
6. Visit Web site "https://www.paypal.com". You see the "This Connection is Untrusted" error screen showing up.
We know why. We deleted the root CA certificate from Firefox.
2016-08-30, 2377👍, 0💬
How to view the ASN.1 structure of an RSA public key using the OpenSSL "asn1parse" command? You can ...
Can I continue to use the Web site, even if it has the "Your connection is not secure" error? Normal...
Certificate summary - Owner: Cybertrust Japan Public CA G1, "Cybertrust Japan Co., Ltd.", JP Issuer:...
How to export the server certificate to a file in Firefox? I can view the server certificate used by...
Certificate Summary: Subject: xhamster.com Issuer: R3 Expiration: 2021-11-01 03:50:15 UTC Key Identi...