certmgr.msc - Import Personal Certificate
How to import personal certificate into certificate stores using "certmgr.msc"? My personal certificate also contains my private key and is stored in a PKCS#12 (Public-Key Cryptography Standards #12) file.
You can import a private key with a self-signed certificate stored in a PKCS#12 file into certificate stores using the "certmgr.msc" tool as shown in this tutorial.
1. Start "certmgr.msc" Management Console on your Windows 7 system.
2. Click "Action > All Tasks > Import..." menu You see "Certificate Import Wizard" showing up.
3. Click "Next" button. You see "File to Import" screen showing up.
4. Use "Browse..." button to find the CA certificate file like "C:\fyicenter\linda.p12" and click "Next" button. You see Password screen showing up. PKCS#12 files contain private keys and are password protected.
5. Enter "FYIcenter" as the password and click "Next" button. You see "Certificate Store" screen showing up.
6. Keep the suggested Personal certificate store and click "Next" button. You see confirmation screen showing up.
7. Click "Finish" button to finish importing the private key and its self-signed certificate.
2012-08-03, 9178👍, 0💬
What is ASN.1 INTEGER field type? How to specify INTEGER field type in OpenSSL "asn1parse" command? ...
How to export a Root CA certificate from IE? I want to save a copy before removing the certificate. ...
Certificate Summary: Subject: COMODO High-Assurance Secure Server CA Issuer: AddTrust External CA Ro...
How to start "certmgr.exe" on Windows 7? I know it is installed on my system as part of Visual Studi...
Certificate summary - Owner: www.secureserver.net, "Special Domain Services, LLC.", L=Scottsdale, ST...