|Mozilla "certutil -A -i" - Add Root CA Certificate to cert8.db|
How to add a root CA certificate into "cert8.db" file using Mozilla "certutil" tool?
I have exported a root CA certificate file in PEM format
If you want to add a root CA certificate into a "cert8.db" file from a certificate file,
you can use the Mozilla "certutil -A -i" command
as shown in this tutorial:
1. Run Firefox 9 and start the certificate manager.
2. Click "Authorities", find "GeoTrust Global CA" and export it into "GeoTrust_CA.pem".
3. Run Mozilla "certutil" command below to import in your own cert8.db file:
C:\fyicerter>\fyicerter\nss\bin\certutil -A -d .\
-i GeoTrust_CA.pem -n "GeoTrust Global CA" -t "C,,"
C:\fyicerter>\fyicerter\nss\bin\certutil -L -d .\
GeoTrust SSL CA ,,
GeoTrust Global CA C,,
What you are getting from this tutorial:
- "-A" command adds a certificate to the certificate database.
- "-d .\" specifies the directory where the database, cert8.db, is located.
- "-i GeoTrust_CA.pem" specifies the input root CA certificate file.
- '-n "GeoTrust Global CA"' specifies a name for this certificate.
- '-t "C,,"' specifies trust arguments:
"trusted CA to issue server certs" for SSL category.
No trust for email and object signing categories.
|ID: 401 | Rank: 7609 | Votes: 22 | Views: 6456 | Updated: 2012-08-02|
|Mozilla "certutil -A" Command Options|
|How can I use Mozilla "certutil -A" command? What are command options supported by "certutil -A"?
The document says "Add a certificate to the database".
|Mozilla "certutil -V" Command Options|
|How can I use Mozilla "certutil -V" command? What are command options supported by "certutil -V"?
The document says "Validate a certificate".
Copyright © 2015 FYIcenter.com|
All rights in the contents of this Website are reserved by the individual author.
No part of the contents may be reproduced in any form without author's permission.