|Mozilla "certutil -A -i" - Add Certificate to cert8.db File|
How to add a certificate into "cert8.db" file using Mozilla "certutil" tool?
I have a certificate file in PEM format
If you want to add a certificate into a "cert8.db" file from a certificate file,
you can use the Mozilla "certutil -A -i" command
as shown in this tutorial:
C:\fyicerter>\fyicerter\nss\bin\certutil -A -d .\
-i GeoTrust.pem -n "GeoTrust SSL CA" -t ",,"
C:\fyicerter>\fyicerter\nss\bin\certutil -L -d .\
GeoTrust SSL CA ,,
What you are getting from this tutorial:
- "-A" command adds a certificate to the certificate database.
- "-d .\" specifies the directory where the database, cert8.db, is located.
- "-i GeoTrust.pem" specifies the input certificate file.
- '-n "GeoTrust SSL CA"' specifies a name for this certificate.
- '-t ",,"' specifies trust arguments for 3 categories: SSL, email, and object signing.
",," means no argument is provided. So it should not be trusted.
|ID: 400 | Rank: 4677 | Votes: 5 | Views: 3173 | Updated: 2012-08-01|
|Mozilla "certutil -A" Command Options|
|How can I use Mozilla "certutil -A" command? What are command options supported by "certutil -A"?
The document says "Add a certificate to the database".
|Mozilla "certutil -V" Command Options|
|How can I use Mozilla "certutil -V" command? What are command options supported by "certutil -V"?
The document says "Validate a certificate".
Copyright © 2016 FYIcenter.com|
All rights in the contents of this Website are reserved by the individual author.
No part of the contents may be reproduced in any form without author's permission.